Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Swoon worthy #3

I want to take this edition of swoon worthy in a different direction.  So we are going to take a look at a few recipes that I've been swooning over that look a little too complicated to make! Some of these may end up on my next monthly meal plan schedule and then I'll come back with a little recap sharing my thoughts about the meal.  I'll let you know if they were tasty, if they were actually as hard to make as they sound and if would ever make them again.

Recipe #1: BBQ Chicken Pizza found over at The Busy Budgeting Mama


Natalie is a super busy mom and she makes some great meals for her family.  Her blog is the first place I found freezer meals!  She has some great tips and recipes there for freezer meals and she has a TON of ideas for fun kids meals.  She even makes fun little videos showing how she makes snacks and meals for her kids that are cute and make eating fun and healthy for them.  

What scares me most about this meal is making the dough.  I have never made dough from scratch, so it sounds intimidating! 



Again, making the "dough" from scratch...scary!!  I have bought pre-made crepes in the grocery store before, so the idea of just buying those and making the filling is much more appealing to me.  But, if I'm gong to make these, why not give it a try the exact way this recipe shows?

Recipe #3: Cauliflower Breadsticks from Mama Grubbs Grub


I'm starting to sense a theme.  Are you?  I must need some carbs soon!  I could never be on a crab free diet! I wouldn't make it two days without.  These are a good alternative to a carb loaded meal.  Maybe with pizza instead of the usual breadsticks?  Who ever thought of that anyway?  Pizza and breadsticks?  Because just having pizza isn't enough bread?  So weird if you ask me.  I digress.  These seem like they would just fall apart.  But again, I'd have to try it for myself. 

Recipe #4: Banana Chocolate Chip BAKED Doughnuts from Sparkrecipes 



Doughnuts...they are my number ONE weakness in life.  I have to stay away from the bakery at the grocery store and don't even mention the fact that Dunkin' Donuts is one block from my house.  But these are supposed to be healthy, so maybe I found a great alternative?  Maybe.  They must be worth it if you ask me. I've had these pinned on my Pinterest "Let's Eat" board since I started pinning things.  It's about time I try to make them.  

So, there you have it folks.  Carbs, carbs and more carbs that I'm dying to try!  Stay tuned.  I think I may try all of these and all on the same day.  Now I'm off to find a snack and you better believe it's going to have bread of some sort in it! 

   


No comments:

Post a Comment