Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Recipie: Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup

A while ago I was on Face time with a friend of mine who was making broccoli cheese soup and it looked delicious and easy.  I'm not usually a cheese based soup type of person, but I wanted to try it out for myself. Her ingredients included milk, a frozen pack of broccoli and cheese and a few other things.  By the time I bought my ingredients I had forgotten how she made hers so I searched around on Pinterest and found a few recipes.  Then I ran into two problems: either didn't have all the ingredients on hand that one called for or I didn't want to have 12 steps to make "easy broccoli cheese soup". I decided to try making my own with by mixing up a few different recipes.  I am excited to say that my soup turned out amazing and I will be making it again for sure!



Ingredients: 

1/2 white onion
olive oil 
1/2 block Velveeta cheese
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1 can of milk (just use the soup can)
1 frozen package of broccoli and cheese

Directions: 

Brown the onion in a little olive oil, put onion and oil into crock pot.  Cut up Velveeta into small blocks and place into crock pot.  Put the soup, milk and frozen broccoli into the crock.  

Cook on high for at least three hours or until all the cheese is melted.

Side note: this will make a large batch, if you intend to keep it and reheat for later I suggest adding a little water or broth (chicken or vegetable are both great options) before you reheat it because it will be pretty thick after it sits in the refrigerator or freezer. 

That's it!  How easy is that?  It is creamy, warm and cheesy, what more do you need in a soup on these cold winter days? 

Comment below with your favorite soup recipes, I'd love to try more homemade soups!

Linking up to House of Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment