Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Something different

It has been WAY too long since my last post!  I have already failed at my "goal" of posting twice a week.  I don't know what happened, but I'm back and I missed writing here!  So, as I sit here and type while listening to A Great Big World "Already Home" sipping a lukewarm cup of coffee (because I don't want the microwave to wake my finally sleeping baby boy) I am wondering how people do it.


People who have it much harder than I.

People who don't have healthy children.

People who are sick and take care of others.

People who go to bed not knowing what the next day with bring.

I follow people on Facebook who have stories like these.  They take care of a child who can't walk or talk and should be able to.  They are fighting that courageous fight against cancer.  They go to work feeling ill and still find strength to be there for other people.

When I am at my breaking point, I try to remember that "it could be worse".  If we are "friends" on Facebook, then you've heard me say over and over again that I know I'm lucky to have two healthy children. They are my greatest gifts, my biggest blessings, my never ending rays of light.


It has been a long, cold winter for those of us living here in Wisconsin.  Every time you go somewhere, people say SOMETHING about the weather.  Mostly negative comments and something about not being able to wait until it warms up.  It's normal that this time of year brings us all a bit of anticipation for warm weather, melting snow and rain showers in lieu of snow but this year seems to be worse than others.  I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks that because I now have two busy boys who want to go outside, run everywhere, let their "sillies" out (if you will).

My reason for talking about the weather is that we have been having a ton of tough times in our household lately.  We have been sick and sick and tired of being stuck inside.  So my breaking points have been happening more and more.  My boys don't want to listen, I'm tired and my great sleepers have been replaced with mediocre sleepers!

A few days ago we decided to turn my 21 month old son's crib into a toddler bed.  He was climbing out of it every chance he had.  We would lay him down after our normal routine (which I hope to share with you later since a lot of people ask why I think I have such good sleepers) and 2.7 seconds later he would be out of his crib and walking around the house looking for us.  For his safety, we converted the bed.  I'm not okay with this for multiple reason!  First, he's not even two!!  How has he grown up so quickly?  What happened to my baby?  Second, I never thought in a million years we would be dealing with this at this age.  I like to plan, this was NOT in my plan.  And lastly, I paid good money for his crib.  I wish it was still being used as a crib!  :)

So, while I am back to getting up 3-4 times a night and letting Liam "cry it out", which by the way is WAY more painful when they are almost two than when they are 6 months, I feel like I'm reminding myself that life could be worse.  I'm reminding myself that we don't have it that bad.  We have a comfortable house, I get to spend everyday with my loves, my husband has a great job and I have a great support system of friends and family.

I have special plans in the works to honor those with more speed bumps in their  lives than me, those who are sick, those who have lost someone close to them, those who I think of every day and never want to forget about.  So stay tuned:)  


No comments:

Post a Comment