Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Here goes nothing...




It's a New Year and I've got plans (along with everyone else, which is typical for a New Year).  But for me, this seemed like the perfect time to start fresh.

I've been tossing around the idea now for a while of starting to write blog posts again.  Sitting here typing this is A LOT more intimidating that I thought it would be or than it was last time. When I started this blog in 2010, it was to keep family in the loop of the growing baby we had.  Not many of those family members had Facebook and if they did, they weren't on much.  Then I feel off the blogger wagon and only read blogs.  Every blog I read seemed way more interesting than anything I could even think to write about, so I stopped.  I gave up essentially. 


This time I want the blog to be a mix of everything under the sun.  I have more expectations this time around.  I have bigger goals for myself this time too.  So, here I am, putting everything in writing.  Committing to myself (and my readers) to do this thang!  I love writing and I love memories.  Making memories, sharing memories, looking back at memories.  I'm a sentimental person.  I have tons of ideas of what I want to write about this time and here they are:

Personal life: my children, my husband, my family.  We are growing and changing and learning.  Since I last blogged, we had another child, we have taken vacations, and we have completed some amazing projects at our house.  I can't wait to take a trip down memory lane while I write all about these things and everything we encounter in the future.

Creating: craft projects, projects with my kids, handmade presents for others, fun photo shoots with my kids, decorating my home.  These are things I love to do and I get compliments from others when I do them.  I like to be crafty.  It makes me smile!

Goals: volunteering, exercising, food planning, Paleo, organizing.  I hope this new year will bring new opportunities for something else I've been thinking about lately.  Volunteering! I have a few organizations in mind, stay tuned to hear who I've chosen to work with.  Share your favorite charity with me and I'll add it to my list to research.  I have already been working out four days a week for the last year, time to kick it up a notch this year!  Food planning, everyone wants to do it, I'm going to do it and I'll share everything along the way so you can do it too.  Paleo, I hope my husband is on board with this one.  Do you know about Paleo?  Share what you know, I'd love to hear it.  Finally, organizing.  Everyone who knows me, knows I'm an organizing freak.  I'll share my tips with you and let you know what works for this family of four.  Plus I have my own list of things I need to organize and one is a HUGE project that I hope I get done this year!  

Blog plans: grow this thing!  This is my own little corner of the internet and I intend for it to grow.  I want to have "followers".  I want to do giveaways.  Because if you know me, you also know that I love me some giveaways!  I enter them often and sometimes I actually win. I may even write some general/mix it up type posts where I'll write about anything.  A new hair product I think you may like, a new recipe I tried, a new place to eat, etc.  I would love to be featured on another blog.  I want to participate in a "link up party".  I want to have my own "button".  These are all things I'll write about as I learn about them.  I also want to learn how to design this little blog!  I've been reading blogs for some time now, so I know what some of the terms mean, but as far as actually using them goes, I'm a newbie for sure.  I also am committing to writing two blogs a week.  Do I think weeks will go by that I don't make that goal?  Yes.  Do I think there are weeks when I may blow that goal out of the water?  Yes.  But, it's a goal.  And what's the saying...


This blog has a new location too.  It's now at www.journeywiththejeffers.blogspot.com add that to your reading list, would ya?!

Well, that pretty much sums it up.  Hello 2014 and Happy New Year everyone.  I hope you enjoy this journey with me and follow along.  If you have a question or comment, please leave it below.  I will always respond to every comment that lands here on Journey with the Jeffers, that's a promise!

Always,
Alyssa

b7c34ea3932afeb08c785b133a8a155d286fe6ae439a3c736c

1 comment:

  1. I love that your getting back into blogging! I for one love to read especially when it's from someone I know! :) I look forward to reading all your posts and maybe winning stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete